Lesser General Public License For Linguistic Resources
The licenses for most data are designed to take away your freedom to share and change it. By contrast, this License is intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change free data–to make sure the data are free for all their usershis license, the Lesser General Public License for Linguistic Resources, applies to some specially designated linguistic resources — typically lexicons, grammars, thesauri and textual corpora.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
5. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, link with, or distribute the Linguistic Resource except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense, link with, or distribute the Linguistic Resource is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have
It is not the purpose of this section to induce you to infringe any patents or other property right claims or to contest validity of any such claims; this section has the sole purpose of protecting the integrity of the free resource distribution system which is implemented by public license practices. Many people have made generous contributions to the wide range of data distributed through that system in reliance on consistent application of that system; it is up to the author/donor to decide if he or she is willing to distribute resources through any other system and a licensee cannot impose that choice.This section is intended to make thoroughly clear what is believed to be a consequence of the rest of this License.
9. If the distribution and/or use of the Linguistic Resource is restricted in certain countries either by patents or by copyrighted interfaces, the original copyright holder who places the Linguistic Resource under this License may add an explicit geographical distribution limitation excluding those countries, so that distribution is permitted only in or among countries not thus excluded. In such case, this License incorporates the limitation as if written in the body of this License
10. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of the Lesser General Public License for Linguistic Resources from time to time. Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.
Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the Linguistic Resource specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and “any later version”, you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. If the Linguistic Resource does not specify a license version number, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation.
11. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Linguistic Resource into other free programs whose distribution conditions are incompatible with these, write to the author to ask for permission.
12. BECAUSE THE LINGUISTIC RESOURCE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE LINGUISTIC RESOURCE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE LINGUISTIC RESOURCE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE LINGUISTIC RESOURCE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE LINGUISTIC RESOURCE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
13. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE LINGUISTIC RESOURCE AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE LINGUISTIC RESOURCE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE LINGUISTIC RESOURCE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.